With any luck, I will be back to work by this time next week. If that happens, I am scheduled to work on Thanksgiving and the day after. The holiday pay is well worth it, but I still miss Thanksgiving dinner.
Thats why I am incorporating as many of those flavors into my meals before hand as possible. Last night, we madeThanksgiving Dinner Burgers. A seasoned turkey burger on a brioche bun with whole cranberry sauce, stuffing and gravy; it was like eating Thanksgiving dinner as a sandwich.
We had sweet potato fries and a Caesar salad for sides. Of course there was also leftover stuffing and gravy if we really wanted to splurge.
Thanksgiving Turkey Burgers
- 2 c stuffing
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP chicken seasoning
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 8 brioche buns
- 1 c cranberry sauce
- 1 c gravy
- Form 8 turkey patties from the ground turkey. Season with salt, pepper and chicken seasoning.
- Heat 1 TBSP oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 patties to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Toast the buns in a toaster oven.
- Assemble the burgers: Put cranberry sauce on the bottom of each bun. Place a turkey patty on top. Spoon stuffing and gravy on top of the patties. Cover the burger with the top of the bun.
- Serve with sweet potato fries and a salad.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 7.6g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|
|Total Sugars 6.9g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a dayis used for general nutrition advice.|
|Recipe analyzed by|
Here in Michigan, opening day for firearm deer season was yesterday. Maybe I should have made venison chili or stew instead, but these burgers are what I wanted. You should have seen the look of shock on my husbands face when I said Turkey Burgers while he was hanging his deer in the garage. He enjoyed dinner quite a it, and was just harassing me.
If you are in the mood for the flavors of Thanksgiving, but dont want the hassle of making a turkey and all the sides, I would recommend this recipe to you.
Let me know how it goes.