This three-ingredient Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe is a delicious vegetable side dish. Perfectly golden and tender in the middle.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts are a great addition to any dinner, however, I especially love them during the holidays. Among all of the heavier and more comforting dishes, Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts are a lighter and healthier option. So give this simple roasted brussel sprouts recipe a try this holiday season.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
This roasted brussel sprouts recipe is a simple three-ingredient recipe. Youll probably have everything else on hand and will only need to buy the brussel sprouts. Heres what youll need:
- Brussel Sprouts the bigger they are the more time youll have to roast them for. You can cut down this time by buying smaller rounds and chopping them in half.
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil. Either are healthy options. For a more Italian flavor, I went with the olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper to taste! If you like things a little saltier, go ahead and add a little more salt.
You can customize this side dish by adding some delicious add-ins. Try adding parmesan for a cheesy twist or cajun seasoning in the place of salt and pepper. For an even more crunchy texture, you can add panko breadcrumbs.
You can even make a dipping sauce! A sweet balsamic syrupis super tasty with roasted brussel sprouts.
For more ways to use brussel sprouts check out these recipes:Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Cashews,Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad,Warm Asparagus & Brussels Sprouts Salad, andSpaghetti with Bacon, Brussels Sprouts and Artichokes.
How to Roast Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash brussels sprouts, peel outer (dirty) leaves and trim bottoms. Discard these extra leaves and pieces. Halve clean brussels sprouts and place onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat thoroughly and turn all pieces to be cut side down.
- Roast Brussel Sprouts 20-25 minutes, or until brown and tender to your liking. (I turn mine after 20 minutes and bake another 5-10.)
This is a great make-ahead recipe because leftovers can last in the fridge for up to 4 days. Seal in an airtight container to keep the freshness to a maximum. However, keep in mind that roasted brussel sprouts get a little smelly the older they get. So maybe make these a day ahead of time at most.
Reheat in the oven, in a skillet or the microwave. The microwave is fastest but will leave them a bit soggy while the skillet and oven work best for warming.
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Tips
No Overlapping. Youre going to want to spread these out into a single layer, all facing flat side down. This is to ensure even roasting. If they are too close, they end up steaming each other, so dont overcrowd either.
Store-Bought. To make this process even faster you can buy brussel sprouts that are already trimmed and ready to go. Just make sure to cut off the stump at the end and that no outer layers look gross. If there are some, simply peel them away.
Cutting. Yes, you have to cut them in half to roast them correctly. This also helps them cook faster.
More Side Dishes to Try!
- Maple Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Roasted Asparagus
- Grandmas Cauliflower
- Sweet & Spicy Acorn Squash
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or avocado oil)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Wash brussels sprouts, peel outer (dirty) leaves and trim bottoms. Discard these extra leaves and pieces. Halve clean brussels sprouts and place onto a baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat thoroughly and turn all pieces to be cut side down. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until brown and tender to your liking. (I turn mine after 20 minutes and bake another 5-10.)