Today’s Menu: Red Beans and Rice w/ Smoked Turkey Sausage and Baked Garlic Loaf Bread
Tried something new for Breakfast this morning, Pancakes made using Birch Bender Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix. Their 160 calories and only 5 net carbs! Which is great if you have Diabetes and having to watch your carbs. They make some very good Pancakes. Topped them with Log Cabin Sugar Free Maple Syrup, only 20 calories and 8 carbs for 1/4 cup! You can enjoy Pancakes even with Diabetes 2.
Another cold morning out, 29 degrees and a heavy frost out this morning. Cloudy and 50 degrees for the day. A little later it was raking leaves day! My neighbor across the street has a huge tree and when the leaves fall it covers at least 6 houses yards with leaves. I got my 4 wheel cart out with rake and leaf blower and my neighbor came over and we raked my yard, and then we got his yard, and we finished by getting our other neighbor’s yard. 14 Hefty Bags full of leaves! Called it day after that! For Dinner tonight I prepared Red Beans and Rice w/ Smoked Turkey Sausage and Baked Garlic Loaf Bread.
Well nothing better than Red Beans and Rice w/ Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage to warm up a cold and windy day here in Ohio! For the Red Beans and Rice I used a box of Zatarain’s Reduced Sodium Red Beans and Rice Mix. For the Sausage I used Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey and for the Garlic Loaf I used a loaf of La Baguetterie Roasted Garlic Oval Bread. Perfect Bread. I love these types of meals! I’m preparing 3 Bean Turkey Chili tomorrow! To prepare it I’ll need; the box of the Zatarain’s Red Beans and Rice Mix, 3 cups Water, Extra Light Olive Oil, and the Sausage. Mixed 3 cups of water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. of Light Olive Oil in 2-quart saucepan until it was well blended. Brought to a boil. Then reduced the heat to low and covered.
I got another skillet out, sprayed it with Pam Non Stick Spray and added a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated it on medium heat. Sliced the Sausage into bite size slices and added them to the heated skillet until heated through. Removed them from the heat and set aside until needed.
Simmered the Rice for 25 minutes, until the tender. Stirred occasionally to prevent the Rice and Beans from sticking. With 4 minutes of cooking time left I added the Smoked Turkey Sausage. When done I removed the skillet from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. And done ready to serve! This makes one fantastic Meal! The Red Beans and Rice is Seasoned perfect. It made plenty of both the Red Beans and the Rice. And the Sausage works perfect with it. Plenty of great leftovers!
Then I also baked a loaf of La Baguetterie Roasted Garlic Oval Bread. Perfect Bread with any Dish! I loved this dish tonight, plenty leftover for a couple of lunches! For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn with a Coke Zero to drink.
ZATARAIN’S REDUCED SODIUM RED BEANS AND RICE
A quintessential New Orleans dish, traditionally prepared on Mondays when a long stove top simmer gave home cooks time to do laundry. Today, red bean lovers rely on Zatarain’s for classic flavor in a fraction of the time.
Enjoy Zatarain’s Reduced Sodium Red Beans & Rice with 25% less sodium than the original as a main course or side dish. Supplement with sausage, ham or pork chops, or hold the meat and have a tasty vegetarian meal. However you prepare it, Zatarain’s Reduced Sodium Red Beans & Rice is hearty but not heavy, packed full of flavor and an instant crowd-pleaser.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 3 cups water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter, margarine or olive oil in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent rice and beans from sticking.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Add a half pound of sliced sausage to make a complete meal.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
TOTAL FAT 1g
SATURATED FAT 0g
TRANS FAT 0g
Birch Benders Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix
They have several types, I had the Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix
* 10 ounce resealable pouches of Birch Benders Keto pancake mix.
* Just add water! Each bag makes 16 Medium pancakes.
* Birch Benders Keto mix is grain-free and Gluten-Free with no added sugar. It makes the perfect Keto, low-carb and diabetic friendly pancakes and waffles!
* 5g Net Carbs, 9g protein, 5g Fiber per serving. Made with almonds, eggs, TigerNut, coconut, cassava, and buttermilk.
* Preparation is a breeze: simply scoop the desired amount of mix into a bowl, add water, mix, and make. Just add water – no eggs or milk necessary. If you don’t want to use it all at once, Our resealable Closure keeps the mix fresh for next time.