Check it out! Chocolate Waffles!
This recipe is as simple as whisking some cocoa powder into your waffle batter, but suddenly you’ve created a specialty breakfast. Better yet, make these for dinner sometime for a fun, unique evening meal.
What I especially love about this waffle batter is that you can put leftover batter into the fridge to store and use later. This makes prep even easier, as all you have to do is pull out the ready-to-use batter and make yourself some waffles!
Easy Chocolate WafflesYum
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (I use freshly ground soft white wheat for these)
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon sucanat or brown sugar
- 3 heaping Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2½ cups milk
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
- Cook ½-3/4 cup mixture in a waffle iron for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
- Store leftover batter in a secure container in the fridge.
Serve these Chocolate Waffles with regular (real) maple syrup. Or make this awesome Chocolate Syrup.
Here are more options for toppings:
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- Apple Butter
- Blueberry Pancake and Waffle Syrup
- Peach Syrup (for pancakes and waffles)
- Peanut Butter (just peanuts!)
- Peanut Butter (super creamy – like Skippy or Jif)
- Raspberry Syrup
- Fresh Fruit
Have you ever tried Chocolate Waffles?