What another sweet snack!?
Perfect for a late afternoon pick me up. Keep them in the fridge for up to a week, that is if they last that long! Otherwise… pop them in the freezer for up to 3 months! So you can hide them in in the office freezer and no one will eat them!
- 1 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 3 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 12 Dates, seed discarded
- Water to cover
FUN ROLLING TOPPINGS OPTIONAL
- Cacao Powder
- Shredded Coconut
- Chopped Nuts
- Place dates into a medium bowl and cover with hot water (this helps soften the dates for blending)
- Blend the oats until it resembles a coarse flour texture (it’s fine for it to have large chunks, it’s just fun texture!)
- Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse till well mixed
- Add in the dates and 1/4 of the water
- Blend until it forms together, the mixture should form a lightly sticky dough
If it is to dry add more date water!
If it is to wet add more protein powder!
- Roll a heaped tablespoon amount of mixture into ball and roll it into your desired topping to coat
- Place the balls into your storage container ready for the freezer or fridge!
Paying for protein balls is overrated, give it a crack!
Enjoy Mark :)